Friday 17 August 2012

My Recent Poem

I WAS TALKING TO A SNAIL...

I was talking to a snail
Yes you may smile!
I saw a snail walking ( or should I say ) gliding
Near the rail
Not far from the major road
I felt sad
I said
Look dear fellow (assuming it was my sorrow)
Not concerned snail kept strolling and sliding

As slow...slow...as a night train
But the sun was shining
All around other  smudged  and crashed snails laid
Gone and dead!
Squashed
Things
Smothered leaving zig -zagging trails of glass prints
I said to  Honourable majestic  snail
Be warned , you be gone quick
But snail did not even blink!
So slow ...slow...slow...not bothered at all
With a large brown house on his back
(Or should I say her track)
Snails love it
That
Patient
Slow...slow... peaceful, trot

(C) F. Macha, London June 2012


No comments: